Director, Heart and Vascular Services
Full Time, FTE: 1
This is a highly visible role that has administrative authority to work across the healthcare system to achieve accountabilities in concert with the AVP of Specialty & Surgical Services. This position will oversee all cardiology, cardiovascular and thoracic services, as well as all diagnostic services in support of those specialties delivered within the ambulatory setting. The Director of Heart & Vascular Services is financially savvy, willing to assume new responsibilities, accept accountability, build positive, collaborative relationships and operate effectively within various environments. This position facilitates system and community wide integration and growth of the service line. The Director works collaboratively with the provider team in a physician/provider-administrator dyad model and is responsible for their team’s participation in care delivered across the entire continuum. This includes leadership of the ambulatory care team within the clinic and inpatient setting. The Director of Heart & Vascular Services develops operational efficiencies within the inpatient and ambulatory services while setting strategic vision, goals, and objectives for the service line. This includes business development, growth and quality aligning with the system strategy. This position drives improvement in quality, safety and patient experience, as well as care access. This position fosters positive, collaborative relationships internally, as well as with community physicians, providers, administrators and institutions in support of the Heart & Vascular service line strategy.
Minimum of six (6) years progressively more responsible experience within health care environment serving at least (3) three years in the specialty areas of cardiology, cardiovascular and thoracic diseases required. Experience within an integrated health system preferred. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in successful partnership with physicians and experience working in leadership role required.
Master’s degree required. Master’s degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration highly preferred.
- Demonstrated communication, leadership and business development skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management, planning and service implementation.
- Ability to work effectively with senior leadership, physicians, management and staff.
- Demonstrated experience in building collaborative working relationships with providers, colleagues, staff and senior executives.
- Demonstrated initiative, follow through and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated collaborative, results-oriented leadership style.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgment and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent change leadership skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word platforms.