A Post-Doctoral Fellow/Senior Scientist position is available in the Ramirez’ laboratory at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (NYC) for highly motivated candidate. The position is to investigate the molecular pathophysiology of aortic aneurysm in mouse modes of Marfan syndrome with the intent of identifying and testing efficacious new therapies. The work will take advantage of a repertoire of genetically modified mice and a wide range of physiological, histological, cellular and molecular biologic techniques, and computational and systems biology approaches.
· Experience with biochemistry, cell and molecular biology is required.
· Experience working with mice is highly desirable.
· Experience in vascular is desirable but not required.
· The applicants should be self-motivated and have strong professional communication skills.
· The positions are open for visa holder only.
· Salary will be based on qualifications and years of experience.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, CV and the names of three references to:
Francesco Ramirez, PhD
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
1468 Madison Avenue, Box 1603
New York, NY 10029