This position will take a lead role in providing services to the CardioPulmonary Vascular Biology COBRE Cell Isolation and Organ Function Core, located at the Providence VAMC. This position will be overseen by the Core PI, Elizabeth Harrington, PhD, and work closely with the Laboratory Manager and the CPVB Administration to coordinate, conduct experiments, services, ordering, data tracking and communication and organization of Core service requests.
· Required: Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 3-5 years of related research experience
· Experience with cell biology, biochemistry, or molecular biology experiences preferred.
· Requires working knowledge of cell culture, cell isolation, and immunohistochemistry
· Experience with large machinery
· Requires knowledge of the scientific field in which the research is being conducted
· Ability to independently carry out experiments
· Must be able to accurately write and report experimental data
· Must be observant and self-motivated, able to think critically and problem solve